Code of Conduct
Taos Social is just one server among many in a global network, and as such, it is important to remain polite and treat it as you would a public social gathering. Don't be an asshole.
This document is based on mastodon.social's Code of Conduct.
The following guidelines are not a legal document, and final interpretation is up to the administration of Taos Social; they are here to provide you with an insight into our content moderation policies:
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline:
- Excessive advertising
- Uncurated news bots posting from third-party news sources
- Untagged nudity, pornography and sexually explicit content, including artistic depictions
- Untagged gore and extremely graphic violence, including artistic depictions
- Untagged political discussion or other potentially controversial material*
The following types of content will be removed from the public timeline, and may result in account suspension and revocation of access to the service:
- Racism or advocation of racism
- Sexism or advocation of sexism
- Discrimination against gender and sexual minorities, or advocation thereof
- Xenophobic and/or violent nationalism
The following types of content are explicitly disallowed and will result in revocation of access to the service:
- Sexual depictions of children
- Content illegal in Germany and/or France, such as holocaust denial or Nazi symbolism
- Conduct promoting the ideology of National Socialism
Any conduct intended to stalk or harass other users, or to impede other users from utilizing the service, or to degrade the performance of the service, or to harass other users, or to incite other users to perform any of the aforementioned actions, is also disallowed, and subject to punishment up to and including revocation of access to the service. This includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviors:
- Continuing to engage in conversation with a user that has specifically has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist may be considered harassment, regardless of platform-specific privacy tools employed.
- Aggregating, posting, and/or disseminating a person's demographic, personal, or private data without express permission (informally called doxing or dropping dox) may be considered harassment.
- Inciting users to engage another user in continued interaction or discussion after a user has requested for said engagement with that user to cease and desist (informally called brigading or dogpiling) may be considered harassment.
These provisions notwithstanding, the administration of the service reserves the right to revoke any user's access permissions, at any time, for any reason, except as limited by law.
Hosting and Moderation Team
Taos Social is currently hosted by Upgrade Taos Computer Solutions, Our moderation team is as follows:
Hosting is currently provided by Upgrade Taos Computer Solutions, however donations are welcome, if you would like to donate, please contact Upgrade Taos.
Here are our top 10 donators:
Taos Social blocks some servers for legal, operational, or safety reasons. This list is currently not available as we are still under construction.
Taos Social is a place for casual socialising and making friends, while discussion of controversial topics is allowed, it must be tagged as such. For example, for politics you can use "uspol" for general US politics, "local pol" for local politics, and "politics" for international or politics in general.